What should people look for when choosing an immigration expert?
- Ensure the expert is authorized to provide paid immigration counseling. Please refer to the question above ‘Who can provide paid immigration advice?’
- Make sure you feel comfortable working with them.
Examples of questions to ask:
- How many similar cases have they processed in the past?
- How many years have they been in the immigration business for?
- What training and education have they received?
- Can they provide a copy of their license, certification and/or degree? You can also contact directly their accreditation body to verify their credentials.
- Can they provide a cost estimation of their services in writing?
- Can they provide a detailed payment schedule?
- Did they handle your first conversation in a professional manner?
- Do they have references (past clients) you could talk to?